Nowadays, it is important for a household to have a form of self-defense at their homes. This will provide protection, peace of mind, and extra security for their families and loved ones.
Here are three simple yet effective weapons you can make this weekend. And don’t worry, these are all legal to make in your backyard.
Warhammers have been used for a long time. These weapons were used by Vikings and Barbarians and proved to be effective in hand-to-hand and close quarters combat. These are fairly easy to make as well.
A warhammer differs from a tool hammer. Instead of having a nail puller, it has a more pointed back. This is used to pierce armor and other things. The head of the hammer is basically the same as it is already able to bash a surface easily. This weapon also has a longer handle for longer reach and higher momentum.
To make this hammer, you should prepare the following.
- 18 oz setting hammer
- A steel tubing
- Leather to wrap the handle
- Bolt or a welding machine
- Remove the handle of the hammer and clean it.
- Set it inside the steel tubing.
- Mark the area where you can put a bolt or peen the hammer to the steel tubing.
- Then drill a hole to secure the hammer.
- Insert the hammer and put the bolt or peen it in place.
- Wrap the handle with leather for better grip and look.
Making this weapon is fairly easy because all you need to do is to basically extend the handle. You can do some embellishments on the hammerhead if you want to.
Here’s one that’s a bit more complicated. A flamethrower is something that you can find in video games and in movies. But if you use it for home defense, it may be something that can frighten any home invader or put them to a stop.
To make it you will need a tank that can hold pressurized gas, a fire extinguisher nozzle, a tank for storing fuel, a gas hose, pressure washer rod, and fittings.
Here’s how you can make one:
- Remove the regulator of the air compressor and replace it with a plug made from brass.
- Add fittings to the hole underneath the compressor. Make sure that fittings are secure and are the correct size for the valves.
- Attach the hose.
- Then you can connect the diesel nozzle for regulating fuel.
- Afterwards, attach the hose to the tank.
- Attach it to a pressure washer rod and some fittings.
- Once you’re sure there’s no leakage, you can try it out.
Make sure that you’re in an open space when you try it out because it’s going to be “fire”!
Now that you have your melee and fort weapons, let’s build a long-range weapon.
A blowgun is a simple weapon you can make using items you can find in the hardware. Maybe you even have the things you need in your home.
You will need a 2 foot length 1/2 inch PVC pipe, female reducing adaptor, scotch tape, glue gun, some sticky notes, wire nails, laser pointer, and some paint.
- Create cones using the sticky notes and tape them together.
- Put the wire at the center of the cone.
- Pour some hot glue inside the cone to add weight to let the fly further.
- Attach the adaptor to the tube.
- Paint it the color you want.
- Tape the laser pointer.
Don’t let its simplicity fool you. It is as effective as it is simple.
There you go, three legal homemade weapons you can make over the weekend. Try them out and see what you can do with them.